Tuesday 29 September 2015

Not democracy. No even close.

"I sincerely, genuinely and passionately want to be much more proud of our Welsh democracy than I actually am. Having sweated as National Organiser of Yes for Wales in 1997 and Campaign Director during the 2011 powers referendum, I want to feel enthused and enamoured of how our Welsh democracy is notably better, more transparent and more responsive. But frankly I can’t be because on so many levels it is so deeply disappointing" (Darran Hill, IWA, 2015 retrieved from http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/furious-piece-explains-everything-wrong-10160457)

Now, I don't want to be all cliche and obvious BUT I TOLD YOU SO!!!

and then...

"But, you know what, I just don’t care. Because sometimes you get to the point where things have ended up so disappointing you that you just speak out and damn the consequences. So that’s what I’m doing – transparently, openly, and bluntly." (Darran Hill, IWA, 2015 retrieved from http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/furious-piece-explains-everything-wrong-10160457)

Now, I am no fan of the YES campaign for more powers for the assembly, and many individuals, such as me, objected to placing more powers in the hands of people who would wield it carelessly and wield it for party political reasons not for the benefit of people, individuals and progress.

Here we have the less than transparent political commentary team complaining about a lack of transparency because they are now in the dark about decision making. Imagine if you will what it must be like for numerous people who cannot get their point of view across the plethora of doting forms of media in Wales because they are censored.

However, I agree with IWA - Yuk! But they are right. CAR WYN UN or Comrade Carwyn's Labour government are blind to the disgust we have for them as a political force.  The British people rejected Labour policy, rejected the system of blind faith and closed decision making. Rejected large government. You know what some British people are Welsh too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment